Saturday, March 8, 2008

Adventures in Travel

Mark and Alexis went to Chicago for the American Girl auditions in January. It was decided that, rather than pay the parking at the garage for the possible 8 day trip, that I would just drive them to BWI and drop them off. We got up very early, drove to Baltimore, dropped off the "packages", and I headed home, almost getting there before the sun came up. I crawled in bed for a few hours.

Mark finally called to say they had arrived, though late. It turns out that when they boarded the plane, the only pilot was the first officer. The van that was picking up the captain, locked the keys inside, and they were waiting for a locksmith to let them into the van to get the captain there. So, everyone was kept waiting for nearly an hour. (Paul, I'm holding you personally responsible for this oversight. And it is abundantly obvious that this incident is the direct cause of the new baggage limits because you lost so much money by refunding all those tickets!)

My question: Why make all the people wait? Why not grab a cab or the hotel shuttle? Must the pilots only travel in the ascribed vehicle? If so, sounds like another 9/11 idiotic boondoggle to me.

To the other end, when I finally got up and moving, I decided to run some errands, only to find there was a giant nail in my tire. Always an adventure....

No comments: