Saturday, January 5, 2008

Investment Advice

A couple of weeks ago, Mark's immediate boss hosted a Christmas party at his home in Chambersburg. I wanted to make something to take and share with everyone, though the event was not a pitch-in affair per se. Wanting to do something besides the standard cookies or brownies, I decided to make a crock pot of my favorite soup....fiesta black bean. My mouth is watering just thinking about the rich, spicy broth, the tiny diced bits of ham and potatoes, the black beans, jalapenos, and onions. MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm...........

So I had gotten up early, diced and chopped and defrosted and all that, and put it in the crock. As we approached our departure time, the potatoes weren't yet tender, so I removed the crock and microwaved it to finish them off. With tender taters, we hopped in the car and drove north, crock pot stowed safely between my feet in the front floor of the car.

Mark took a wrong turn on the backroads of the greater Chambersburg area and had to turn around. My old age was catching up with me, so I shifted my legs a bit to relieve the pain in my.......hip (I know what you were you were thinking!). Mark came to the next stop, and when he hit the brakes, my delicious soup went flying forward, spilling all over the floor! As the windows steamed up, I scrambled to keep my feet and pant legs out of the beans.

We made it to the party, but we were soupless. The liquid soaked into the floor and we scooped out the beans, peppers, and ham. However, my car now has this lovely aroma of spicy soup. Everytime I drive the car, I get these cravings for Mexican food! So, if you are looking for someplace to invest your money, might I suggest stock in Taco Bell? I think they will see an increase in same store sales this quarter!

PS. As always, please note that it's all Mark's fault! If he just hadn't taken that wrong turn.....

No comments: